Updated: Jun 3, 2022
Here are some tips and tricks to make your first visit to the Madison Farmers Market a success!
Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram to stay up to date on market events including when we will be offering Market Sampler Bags, when we will have Market Musicians and details on their performances and when we have new vendors sign up to attend market!
Important Items to Note
Here are some important things for you to know about our market prior to your visit:
- Current Market Hours are 8 am - 12 pm during the Summer Market Season (May - September)
- Our market is located around the Broadway Fountain between Main Street and Third Street on both the northbound and southbound lanes of Broadway. The street is closed to all motor vehicles during the market for the safety of all those within our market.
- The closest parking can be found on Broadway between Main Street and 1st Street, on Broadway between 3rd Street and Presbyterian Avenue, on Main Street, or on surrounding side streets.
- Bring both cash and card with you for payment as some vendors accept both, and some only accept one or the other.
- We are a pet-friendly market for friendly pets! All pets should be on a leash and owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets. If your pet is having a rough day, we get it! Please excuse yourself and your pet from the market so they can calm down and return to join us when they are ready.
When you arrive at the market early you have the best choice of products as there is more variety available in the morning. Another advantage to arriving at the market before it gets busy is that you have more time to look around and make your plans for what you'd like to buy that day.
While our vendors are always ready and eager to discuss their products, a benefit to a producer-only market, visiting with them in the quieter and earlier hours of our market may allow you more time to speak with them. Be sure to ask about what is in season now and what will be coming into season on their farm soon. Unsure of how to use a certain item of produce in a recipe? Ask our vendors what is their favorite way to enjoy it! If you buy a plant start from one of our vendors we highly recommend you take the time to speak with the vendor about it as they can provide great insight as to the best care practices for your purchase.
Visit the Info Booth
Be sure to make a quick stop at our Info Booth to learn more about our market and vendors. If you're looking for a particular product or vendor, just ask! That's what we are here for!
While you're at our Info Booth be sure to pick up your own copies of some local guides that may be helpful to you including the 2022 Visit Madison Experience Guide, the 2022 Chamber Magazine, the latest issue of The Outlook, and this quarter's issue of Travel Indiana which is focused on agritourism and features a great advertisement with details on our market.
Make plans to grab some breakfast or lunch
We have a number of prepared food offerings available at the Madison Farmers Market. Add to that picnic tables, benches, and plenty of grassy space for you to enjoy your meal and you can easily make a day out of your visit!
Prepared Food Options include:
- Pakalana's Poke Wagon is a local favorite featuring fresh made-to-order poke bowls. Try one of their combinations or create your own bowl for a delicious and filling lunch
- Clear Creek Creations offers prepared breakfast options made in a commercial kitchen space including dishes such as waffles with homemade peanut butter or scrambled eggs and chorizo with sweet potato and kale hash
A number of our vendors who sell baked goods also have items such as muffins, scones, cinnamon rolls, and more that make for a perfect quick breakfast and sweet treat!
Stay in Touch
After your visit to our market, be sure to stay in touch! We are a year-round market open rain or shine and we hope that your first visit won't be your last.
We'll see you on Broadway!
Madison Main Street Program
Farmers Market Manager